Introduction Road accidents are undoubtedly the most frequent and, overall, the cause of the most damage.
The reasons for this are the extremely dense road traffic and the relatively great freedom of movement given to drivers.
Protection, research, rescue and assistance measures will depend upon the intervention tactics dictated by the accident and the means available.
- As regards road accidents, it is important to make the distinction between those occurring on motorways and those taking place on other roads, bearing in mind the special regulations that may govern certain communications routes or sensitive areas.
Control of the rescue efforts will, if necessary, be taken over by higher authorities (regional, departmental) in collaboration with experts from the aviation services and the judiciary (establishing responsibility for the disaster, identifying victims, collection and restitution of personal belongings) and representatives of the transport company involved.
Short Essay On Road Accidents
- In case of rail accidents, the alarm, reconnaissance and rescue will be controlled by the regional traffic control centre (dispatching centre) of the railways or by the nearest station.
- Study the regulations and suggested rules of behaviour published by the transport companies or crew (posters, written instructions, presentations).
- In case of imminent danger (emergency situation), make sure that you know the whereabouts of the protection and rescue apparatus.
- In case of a major accident occurring in a road with traffic, direct the traffic whilst taking care of your own safety (signal and mark the accident spot).
- Do not touch or move the seriously wounded unless there is a risk of fire or toxic fumes.